Academicians, who are interested to send conceptual or empirical research paper to Journal of Economic and Kewirausahaan (JEKU), are required to write their manuscripts at least 4000 words and not longer than 8000 words, including pictures, tables and references. Submitted manuscript might be written in either Indonesian or English. Authors should declare that the submitted manuscript is truly belong to them and is not sent elsewhere for publication.
Double-blind review process is applied for all submitted papers and the results will be sent to corresponding author using email. Revision of the paper should be given within 3 months, counting from the first notification from journal editors. Further notifications will be given to remind authors about remaining time. In addition, all “correction approved” papers is then screened using iThenticate for plagiarism.
Conference papers can be considered for publication in JEKU if those papers are fully re-written and are also obtained necessary written permission from copyright owner (if those papers have been published and the publisher holds the right)
JEBI allows the authors to retain publishing rights and allows the authors hold the copyright without restriction.
General Writing Instructions
- Articles should be typed using Microsoft Office Word (or alike) and saved at least in the form of Microsoft Word 97 -2003 document formats.
- The entire article must be written using Times New Roman letter type, with 12 pt. in size, 1.15 spacing, A4 paper size. Please allow for 1.5 spacing between paragraphs.
- Allow top margins of 1.25” (3.17 cm), bottom margins of 1.25” (3.17 cm), left margins of 1.35” (3.43 cm) and right margin 0.95” (2.41 cm).
- Tables and pictures should credit the source (if they are taken from other references) and be numbered sequentially.
- Title of table is centered and typed before the table itself using letter type of Times New Roman with size 11 pt. The content of table is written with smaller size letter (Times New Roman with size 10 pt.)
- Title of picture is centered and typed after the picture itself using letter type of Times New Roman with size 11 pt. For authors who provide diagrams or graphs, please make sure that all diagrams and graphs is editable so editor can resize easily to fit the space in the printed version.
- Mathematical and statistical formula must be numbered sequentially and be cited properly (if they from other sources). Please use Microsoft Equation to type the formula that can ease the editor for copy-editing process.
- All citations and references have to be listed completely in list of references, and vice versa. Please consider using citation management software, such as Mendeley and Endnote, for ensuring the citation to be well-managed.
Sequences of the Manuscripts
Interested authors should structure their articles based on the following sequences, otherwise JEKU will return the articles for revision.
Title of the paper can be Indonesian or English and typed using Times New Roman with size 16 pt. The title is centered and capitalized for each word. Use bold font for the title.
- Authors’ name and affiliations
All authors must provide full name without academic title and mention their recent affiliations. The authors’ name and affiliations are centered and typed using Times New Roman with size 12 pt. Use bold font for authors’ name and italic font for affiliations.
- Corresponding address
To ease further contact, corresponding authors are required to provide valid postal address, email address (official email address is preferable) and phone numbers.
Abstract can be written in Indonesian or English and typed using Times New Roman with size 11 pt. The length of abstract is about 250 words and it should cover the research problems and objectives, research methods, research findings and contributions.
Keywords can be written in Indonesian or English, which represent 5 most relevant subjects. Keywords are words or phrases that appear frequently in the article and commonly reflect the topics of discussion.
Introduction covers background of the research issues, indications and research problems, research objectives, originalities of ideas and research contribution. The relevant review of previous researches should be well-organized to provide interesting scientific argumentation and attract more reader’s curiosity.
- Literature Review
Literature review cites theories and previous researches that are relevant to the topic of the research. For quantitative researches, this section serves as theoretical synthesis and logical basis for developing research hypothesis and models. While, in qualitative researches, the functions of literature review is to identify what other researchers do on these topics of the research, from what viewpoints they approach and see through and what kinds of ideas and knowledge generated from their researches. Overall, it is used to understand the world phenomena that is guided by research questions.
- Research Methods
This section describes the theoretical foundations and technical information that is adequate for conducting and reproducing the research well, including information of types of research and the reasons for choosing, nature of collected data and the collection methods, methods of analyzing data, and finally how to make decisions from the data.
- Results and Discussions
This section elaborates the results of the research completely and is usually followed by the discussion of the newly-obtained results toward the underpinning theories. The discussion part can serve for either confirming or rejecting prevailing theories or generating new theoretical foundations and understanding about the world phenomena from different theoretical standpoints.
This sections concludes the research results and proposes the theoretical and practical implications if any. In this sections, authors usually express the limitations of current study and recommend idea and improvements for future researches.
References in JEWI are listed alphabetically and conforming the APA Style (6th Edition). It is recommended to make use of Mendeley software.The guideline can be seen here
The following is examples of APA citation style.
Citation from Books (1 author)
Bass, B. M. (1990). Bass and Stogdill’s Handbook of Leadership: Theory, Research, and Managerial Application (3rd ed.). New York: Free Press.
Citation from Books (2 authors)
Bratakusumah, D. S., & Solihin, D. (2002). Otonomi Penyelenggaraan Pemerintahan Daerah. Jakarta: PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Citation from Books (3 authors or more)
Atkinson, A. A., Kaplan, R. S., Matsumura, E. M., & Young, S. M. (2012). Management Accounting: Information for Decision Making and Strategy Execution (6th ed.). Harlow: Pearson Education.
Citation from Magazine or Journal Articles
Bartram, T., & Casimir, G. (2007). The relationship between leadership and follower in-role performance and satisfaction with the leader. Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 28 (1), 4-19.
Citation from Books or Journal Articles (Several Sources by The Same Authors)
Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (2004). Strategy Maps: Converting Intangible Assets into Tangible Outcomes. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.
Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (2006). Alignment: Using Balanced Scorecard to Create Corporate Synergies. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.
Citation from Books or Journal Articles (Several Sources by The Same Authors in The Same Year)
Marshall, C. (1985a). Appropriate Criteria of Trustworthiness and Goodness for Qualitative Research on Education Organizations. Quality and Quantity, 19, 353-373.
Marshall, C. (1985b). The Stigmatized Woman: The Professional Woman in a Male Sex-Typed Career. Journal of Educational Administration, 23, 131-152.
Citation from Serial Books Chapter with Book Editios
Hesford, J. W., Lee, S. S., Van der Stede, W. A., & Young, S. M. (2007). Management Accounting: A Bibliographic Study. In C. S. Chapman, A. G. Hopwood & M. D. Shields (Eds.), Handbook of Management Accounting (Vol. 1, hlm. 3-26). The Netherlands: Elsevier.
Citation from Government Publications
Badan Pusat Statistik. (2010). Kalimantan Barat dalam Angka 2010. Pontianak: BPS.
Citation from Conferrence Prosidings
Almutahar, H. (2015). Peran Pemerintah Daerah dalam Pelaksanaan Program Nasional Pemberdayaan Masyarakat (PNPM) di Perbatasan Kabupaten Bengkayang. Dalam S. N. Panjaitan, N. Bariyah & Z. Zain (Eds), Prosiding Seminar Nasional Pengembangan Ilmu Pegetahuan dan Tekonologi (hlm. 329-332). Pontianak, Indonesia: Universitas Tanjungpura.
Citation from Undergraduates Thesis, Master Thesis and PhD Dissertation
Utomo, K. W. (2001). Kecenderungan Kepemimpinan Transaksional dan Transformasional dan Hubungannya dengan Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Komitmen dan Kepuasan Kerja (Studi pada Kantor Pemerintah Daerah Tingkat II Kabupaten Kebumen Propinsi Jawa Tengah (Tesis yang tidak dipublikasikan), Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia.
Citation from Blog
Wiharto, S. (2008). Mekanisme Pasar Menurut Ekonomi Islam. Diakses dari http://slamet-wiharto.blogspot.com/2008/09/mekanisme-pasar-menurut-ekonomi-islam.html.
SUBMISSION PREPARATION CHECKLIST
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Authors who publish this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can separately make additional contractual arrangements for non-exclusive distribution published by the journal (e.g., publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to send their work via online (e.g., in the institutional repositories or their website) after published by the journal.